You’ll find the review here.
A blog dedicated to the discussion of random issues - and the occasional random tangent. Books, movies, music, photos, a little bit of politics, and life in general... It may all be the subject of a blog. Updated randomly, of course.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Authors: Peter Carey
I've quite liked what I’ve read of Australian author Peter Carey’s work. Oscar and Lucinda was an engaging read, and I found Jack Maggs
to be an intriguing and highly readable (very loose) retelling of certain events in Dickens’ Great Expectations
. I’ve long been meaning to get to Carey’s True History of the Kelly Gang,
but other books kept getting in my way. Seeing as The New Yorker just published a positive review of the author's most recent novel, His Illegal Self,
I may finally have to put Carey back at the top of my reading list.
You’ll find the review here.
You’ll find the review here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment