Sunday, June 1, 2008

The San Francisco MOMA on Frida Kahlo

I just checked the website for the SF Museum of Modern Art, and it turns out they’ve got a Frida Kahlo exhibit opening later this month.

Now, it’s not exactly like Kahlo has been wanting for public exposure, but I am willing to bet that there are still many people who don’t know her work, and that among those who do know her work, a good many have still never seen her pieces in the first person (so to speak). So here is a good opportunity to see her work (if you’re in California, that is).

You’ll find the link to the SF MOMA/Kahlo site here.

If you're interested, you can find a bit more on Kahlo and her life here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Other than her works outside of Mexico and in private collections, her stuff doesn't get out much.

I saw what was then the largest ever Kahlo exhibit outside of Mexico - at the Tate Modern in 2005. It was amazing. It was especially cool to view some of her lesser known works such as the still life paintings and the portraits of other people.